(Makes about 18 fritters)
- 2 lbs zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1 tsp Agenco coarse salt
- Combine and let sit for 20 minutes to release water from the zucchini. Squeeze dry to remove excess water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Agenco fine sea salt
- ½ cup Romano cheese
- 1.5 cups double zero flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 5 leaves basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 4 zucchini blossoms, chopped (optional)
- Grapeseed oil for frying.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients to make a thick batter. Add herbs and prepared zucchini. Mix until evenly combined.
- Use a large spoon to drop batter into hot grapeseed oil to fry. Cook until lightly golden, flipping once to cook both sides. Blot on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle with a touch of Romano cheese before serving. Best eaten right away for nice crispness, but will keep refrigerated for 5 days.