(Make approx. 1.5 cups)
- 2.5 cups packed fresh basil leaves (100 grams)
- 2 cloves of garlic (7 grams)
- 3/4 cups Rustichella D’Abruzzo Extra Virgin Olive Oil (145 grams)
- 3 Tbsp lightly toasted pine nuts or walnuts (20 grams) (can omit or substitute other nuts or seeds)
- 3/4 cup finely grated powdered Parmigiano Reggiano and/or Pecorino Romano for more kick as we prefer! (75 grams)
- 1/2 tsp Ravida Sea Salt or to taste (3 grams)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until very smooth, for about a minute. Oil may look creamy at first, but will become clearer green once pesto settles.
- Refrigerate for up to one week or freeze for up to six months. TIP – freeze pesto in a sealed ice cube tray so you can pop a cube into your cooking as you need!
- As a pasta sauce: Boil pasta as per package directions and drain. Add enough pesto to lightly coat hot pasta, adding extra olive oil and/or leftover pasta cooking water as desired. Serve with extra grated cheese on top.
- We love adding cooked veggies such as peas, green beans, or broccoli.
- You can also add some pesto to flavour other sauces, such as Bechamel or Tomato.
- Great as a spread on sandwiches or on Caprese Salad.