|Partanna extra virgin olive oil||¼ cup|
|Garlic||2 cloves – chopped|
|Onion – yellow||¼ cup – chopped|
|A.genco fine sea salt||To taste|
|Santa lucia ricotta||250g|
|Parmesan||½ cup grated|
|Egg||1 whole egg|
- In a large pan add your olive and bring up to medium to high heat.’
- When the pan is hot add your spinach.
- Once the spinach has shrank add your chopped garlic and onions.
- Once the garlic and onions become translucent, add your butter and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you are happy with the seasoning of the spinach mixture, set off to the side to drain and cool.
- Once the spinach has cooled fully, chop the cooked spinach to the coarseness you would like in your stuffing. put into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Take a small ball of the spinach and ricotta stuffing and saute it in a small pan of olive oil to test for seasoning. at this time, you may add more parmesan, salt or pepper if the recipe requires it. Then test until satisfied with the results.
- At this time, you are able to chill or freeze the mixture, or you can start stuffing your pasta dough to make ravioli. this recipe is also good for cannelloni stuffing.
- Make sure to make an egg wash to seal the pasta dough. those ingredients are not listed in the ingredient index. you just need one whole egg beaten with a splash of cold water.