- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes in packed in oil – partially drained but reserve oil to drizzle if needed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup toasted, unsalted almonds
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ cup parmesan or pecorino romano cheese grated 45 grams
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes , (optional)
- ½ to ¾ cups extra virgin olive oil
- Reserved sun dried tomato oil
In a food processor combine sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, almonds, garlic, and parsley. Blend until chunk, then add the cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. While the food processor is running, slowly add more olive oil and some of the RESERVED sun dried tomato olive oil, until emulsified and blended to a desired consistency.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 2 to 3 months or longer.
Great on pasta, or topping for cheese, crackers, chicken, etc.